LifeStraw Water Filtration Steel Water Filter
The LifeStraw Steel personal water filter builds upon the ingenuity to the original LifeStraw personal water filter with a durable, sleek steel exterior and 2-stage water filtration process.
The hollow fibre membrane will filter out virtually all bacteria and protozoa. The LifeStraw Steel has the additional benefit of an activated carbon capsule which reduces chemicals such as chlorine, organic compounds (such as pesticides and herbicides), odour and bad taste.
LifeStraw is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 4,000 litres of contaminated water into safe drinking water.
Use it Outdoors: Camping, Hunting, Hiking - save carrying all that heavy water and safely use what is on location as you move about. A smart emergency water source for those travelling with caravans and campervans, or four-wheel drivers.
Use it Travelling: Don't risk ruining your trip or holiday by getting sick from the drinking water where it can be suspect. Drink local water safely.
Use it for Disaster Preparedness: LifeStraws can store safely in your home, business, first aid kit or glove box and will be there when you need it most.
LifeStraws are essential for flood and cyclone preparation in the tropics, or to just be prepared for when water may not be suitable to drink.
- Removes 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli, etc.)
- Removes 99.999% of protozoa (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.)
- Removes 99.999% of Microplastics
- Food grade quality activated carbon
- Reduces chlorine
- Reduces bad odour and taste
- Reduces organic chemical matter (Pesticides, Herbicides, VOC)
- Hollow fibre membrane lifetime of 4,000 litres
- Carbon Capsule lifetime of 100 litres
- Meets US UPS drinking water standards
- Reduces turbidity, filtering down to 0.2 microns
- Contains no chemicals (and is BPA-free), uses no batteries, has no moving parts
- Very high flow rate; no after taste (because no iodine or chlorine are used)
- Easy to clean. Can be stored and used periodically. Just keep uncapped so it can dry thoroughly
- Very durable stainless steel construction
- Replaceable activated carbon capsule
- No shelf life. LifeStraw Steel can be stored indefinitely
- Length 22.86
- Impressively, LifeStraw achieves these results without the use of any chemicals such as iodine! Cleaning of the filter can be easily done by simply blowing out.
From trekking at Everest, holidaying in Bali, or camping locally, LifeStraw offers a lightweight, cost-effective, and convenient alternative to expensive filters and/or carrying extra purchased water.