The Mission Darkness™ BlockBox Lab XL offers the ultimate radio frequency (RF) shielding and hands-on accessibility for electronic device forensics investigations. The heavy-duty forensic analysis enclosure is designed specifically for investigating devices such as cell phones, tablets, laptops, and similar size electronics while remaining shielded from RF signals. The extra large interior dimensions make it easy for operators to comfortably analyze devices, as well as transfer devices in and out of faraday bags inside of the shielded chamber.
It is constructed with a durable aluminum frame with RF absorbent foam lining the inside walls, conductive gloves for both hands to operate and interrogate devices inside (including touch screens), a slanted transparent viewing window, two LED arrays, power strip with four universal power ports and four USB ports, and a dual-sided shielded filter with RJ45 ethernet and two USB ports for extracting data at high speeds. The RJ45 port lets an operator connect devices inside the faraday chamber to a local network internally, as well as connect to a charging source, computer, or data extraction tool externally. The combined features allows forensic investigators to thoroughly analyze data on devices while preventing any signal from reaching or leaving the device. The ability to keep devices charged indefinitely prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
The BlockBox Lab XL completely isolates devices inside and blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, and radio signals with >70dB average attenuation. Although designed for lab use, the light weight of the BlockBox Lab XL and strong side handles allow it to be transported to different locations. The comprehensive accessory kit includes a set of replacement gloves and foam seals (since these items can wear out over time due to frequent/improper use or storage), which can be easily installed on-site without having to send the entire unit out for repair. The kit also comes with a variety of Mission Darkness NeoLok Faraday Bags with a magnetic closure, making it safe to use with conductive gloves in forensics investigations.
Alternative uses for the BlockBox Lab XL relate to mobile device testing, since the product can be used to create an isolated and controlled environment. An additional RJ45 ethernet port can be installed if necessary (see details below).
This item is a 4-6 week delivery!
BlockBox Lab XL Features
- Lab forensic analysis enclosure for operating devices and extracting information while shielded from RF signals
- Extra large interior space - fits multiple cell phones, tablets, laptops, and similar size devices
- Dual-sided shielded filter with two USB ports, one AC port, and one RJ45 ethernet port
- Shielded AC power strip for powering multiple devices internally - includes four universal power outlets and four USB outlets
- High-speed data extraction and connectivity
- Indefinite power capabilities to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Completely isolates devices - blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with >70dB average attenuation
- Built-in conductive gloves for left and right hands-on touch plus a set of replacement gloves
- Gen 2 angled isolated window on top for viewing devices (upgraded clarity = 25% more clear than standard size BlockBox Lab window)
- Two LED arrays for illuminating interior space
- RF absorbent foam liner on all interior sides
- Durable outer aluminum casting with black coating
- Replacement foam gasket seals with adhesive backing
- Dual easy release latch system
- Piston hinge gas filled cover strut
- Temperature range: +14°F (-10°C) to +122°F (+50°C)
- Two metal side handles for easy carry
- Designed and assembled in the USA
Accessory Kit Includes
- Mission Darkness BlockBox Lab XL
- Multiple sizes of Mission Darkness NeoLok Faraday Bags (magnetic closure is safe to use with conductive gloves): MDFB-S-NW-M, MDFB-M-NW-M, MDFB-L-NW
- Unique serial number sticker
- Two USB A male to A male cables
- Ethernet cable
- AC power cable
- Set of replacement gloves
- Set of replacement foam seals
- Two stylus pens
- Instruction card (click the link below to view an electronic version)
- External dimensions: 24”L x 18”W x 16.5”H (60.96cm x 45.72cm x 41.91cm)
- internal usable dimensions: 22.75”L x 17”W x 12.5”H (57.79cm x 43.18cm x 31.75cm)
- Viewing window dimensions: 9.5"L x 3.5"W (24.13cm X 8.89cm)
Contact us if you have customization requests or particular requirements that are not included in this product configuration. Some alterations may be possible, including adding an additional RJ45 ethernet port (+ $350USD). Let us know your requirements so that we can quote you accordingly.
Compatible with Faraday Bags
A user can safely transfer seized or collected devices from individual faraday bags to the BlockBox Lab XL while maintaining RF shielding. Once the lid is closed, the bag can be opened inside. Mission Darkness NeoLok faraday bags with a magnetic closure (like the bags included in the kit) are preferred for use with conductive gloves because they eliminate the risk of puncturing a glove with scissors (often used to cut a faraday bag open) or harsh Velcro (used in most standard faraday bag closures).
If a device arrives to the police station, lab, etc. in a standard faraday bag, it can be transferred to a different or more specialized faraday bag (or visa versa), using the BlockBox Lab XL as an RF shielded transfer chamber.
- Simply place both bags inside the BlockBox Lab XL, close the lid, and open the faraday bags internally using the conductive gloves. Once the device is transferred and properly sealed in the new bag, the lid can open, and the shielded device can be moved to another location.
- This process ensures that the device is never exposed to RF signals and allows users to keep the BlockBox Lab XL vacant for more serious forensics investigation uses.
- *When selecting faraday bags for your department, keep in mind that faraday bags with a NeoLok magnetic closure are preferred when being handled by conductive gloves.