The secure key for your digital life. Encrypts your emails, files, and server access. Protects against hackers and espionage – private and professional.
The cryptographic key is securely stored in the Nitrokey and is thereby protected against loss, theft and malware. With strong hardware encryption, made reliable thanks to open source, quality made in Germany.
For Anybody – Protection Against Mass Surveillance and Hacker
Encrypt your emails with GnuPG, OpenPGP, S/MIME, Thunderbird or Outlook. Your private keys are securely stored in the Nitrokey and cannot be exported or stolen.
For Businesses, Chancelleries and the Self-Employed – Protect Sensitive Data
Protect Your Data Against Espionage
Encrypt field workers’ entire hard drives by means of TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt or individual files by means of GnuPG. The private keys are thereby securely stored in the Nitrokey.
Log in easily at your local computer desktop with the Nitrokey.
For IT Administrators and Security Experts – Protect Critical Infrastructure
Securely Administrating Servers With SSH
Securely store your SSH keys in the Nitrokey at all times. Your key is PIN-protected and cannot be exported or stolen from the Nitrokey. This means that you can bypass the insecure and tedious process of synchronizing key files between client systems.
Internet of Things (IoT) and Protecting Your own Products
Protect your own hardware products using Nitrokey integration. Ideal for remote maintenance and for ensuring product authenticity.
For more information:
Click here to read our blog post on the importance of using multi factor authentication
Supported Systems and Interfaces
- Windows, Mozilla Thunderbird, MS Outlook, GnuPG, SSH, TrueCrypt/VeraCrypt, OpenSC
- OpenPGP, S/MIME, X.509, PKCS#11
- Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD
- Cryptographic algorithms: RSA, ECC
- Key lengths: RSA 2048 bit, RSA 4096 bit (duration: ~ 8 sec), ECC 256 bit
- Elliptic curves: EdDSA, ECDSA (with NIST P256 and secp256k1), ECDH (with X25519, NIST P256 and secp256k1)
- External hash algorithms: MD5, RIPEMD-160, SHA-1, SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512
- Storage capacity: 3 keys (decryption, signing, authentication)
- Compliant with OpenPGP Card 2 with ECC support
- True random number generator (TRNG)
- Life expectancy (MTBF, MTTF): > 100,000 PIN entries
- Storage time: > 20 years
- Activity indicator: monochrome LED
- Hardware interface: USB 1.1, type A
- Maximum supply current: 40 mA
- Maximum power consumption: 200 mW
- Size: 48 x 19 x 7 mm
- Weight: 5 g
- Compliance: FCC, CE, RoHS, WEEE, OSHwA