The LifeStraw® is an extremely effective portable lightweight water filter created for the prevention of common waterborne diseases. This straw won't take up much room in your travel gear and will last you for years. No need to carry plastic bottles. At approximately the same price as a box of water purification tablets, LifeStraw offers outstanding value.
LifeStraw is ideal for hiking, backpacking, camping, travel, and emergency preparedness. The straw-style filter design lets you turn up to 4,000 litres of contaminated water into safe drinking water.
Use it Outdoors: Camping, Hunting, Hiking - save carrying all that heavy water and safely use what is on location as you move about. A smart emergency water source for those travelling with caravans and campervans, or four-wheel drivers.
Use it Travelling: Don't risk ruining your trip or holiday by getting sick from the drinking water where it can be suspect. Drink local water safely.
Use it for Disaster Preparedness: LifeStraws can store safely in your home, business, first aid kit or glove box and will be there when you need it most.
LifeStraws are essential for flood and cyclone preparation in the tropics, or to just be prepared for when water may not be suitable to drink.
- Portable water filter straw
- Light-weight & durable
- Filters up to 4000L of water
- Transforms microbiologically contaminated water into safe, clean drinking water
- Filter water from any freshwater source*
(*Does not filter dissolved matter or heavy metals such as salt, chlorine or arsenic from water)
- Microfiltration membrane technology to filter down to 0.2 microns
- Removes 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria
- Removes 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites
- Effective against waterborne diseases such as Escherichia coli (E.coli), Salmonella, Cryptosporidium parvum and Giardia lamblia
- Reduces turbidity (muddiness)
- Requires no power, batteries or replacement parts
- Ideal for hiking, camping, travel & emergency use
Impressively, LifeStraw achieves these results without the use of any chemicals such as iodine! Cleaning of the filter can be easily done by simply blowing out.
From trekking at Everest, holidaying in Bali, or camping locally, LifeStraw offers a lightweight, cost-effective, and convenient alternative to expensive filters and/or carrying extra purchased water.
Dimensions - 216mm(length) x 32mm (diameter) x 56 grams (weight)